Skip to main content

Only 19 percent of Russians are ready to work or earn extra money in the taxi industry, Vedomosti writes, citing VTsIOM data. The remaining 81 percent do not consider this possibility. At the same time, taxi companies are experiencing an acute shortage of drivers: it is estimated at 500-700 thousand people.

According to VTsIOM, about three percent of the entire population of Russia works as taxi drivers.

The average salary offered last year increased by almost a quarter and exceeded 107 thousand rubles per month. Taxi drivers are paid the most in the Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Okrug — 150 thousand rubles. And in 2024, one of the highest-paid vacancies was found in Moscow: in March, a personal driver in a business-class car was offered up to 270 thousand rubles.

Russian regions with the oldest taxi fleets listed Taxi drivers in Russia allowed to block problematic passengers Yandex explained high taxi prices

The majority of Russians surveyed by VTsIOM — 60 percent — have noticed a significant increase in taxi fares over the past year. For them, this has become the main reason to choose other types of transport. Another 19 percent refuse taxis because of long waits, four percent — because of dirty or simply unpleasant interiors.

The driver shortage has also emerged in other areas. In the spring, Anton Shaparin, vice president of the National Automobile Union, suggested recruiting women to drive heavy trucks to make up for the shortage of truck drivers. According to him, modern trucks are much more comfortable than the old ones, and salaries continue to rise.

Best Projects of Custom Convention 2024

Leave a Reply